Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lovington, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Electrical Technician for their facility located in Lovington, NM.
Responsible for configuration, installation, diagnosis and troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance, and overall proper function of the following:
· Electrical process control loops
· Process control and data equipment
· Analytical equipment
· Electronic systems - computers, shutdown systems, warning systems, PLC's, telemetry, etc.
· Electrical devices - flow, temperature, and pressures
· Electrical systems - including motor controls and high voltage systems
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
· Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
· Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
· Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Associate's degree in electrical technology or equivalent experience maintaining electrical systems utilized in natural gas processing
· Knowledge and understanding of the national electric code
· New Mexico and Texas electrical licenses
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.