Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking Plant Operations Technicians at their facility located in Coyanosa, Texas. Job Responsibilities:
- Operation job duties include reviewing and monitoring plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications.
- Maintain safe work procedures in a team environment and have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, electrical and pneumatic controls, pump, and control equipment).
- Perform PSM functions and activities.
- Attend safety meetings and report safety related concerns as required.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startups of equipment, and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Participate in training co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance.
- Maintain good communication with co-workers and management including but not limited to plant operations, maintenance, project, and safety updates.
- Assist as relief operator, plant maintenance, and in lab as needed.
- Minimum of 2 yearâ€™s of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- 3+ yearsâ€™ experience in maintenance of natural gas engines and compressors.
- 3+ years process knowledge of cryogenic plants operation.
- Good PC computer skills.
- Basic knowledge of PLCâ€™s.
- Process Safety Management knowledge.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.