Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their new facility.Job Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for inspection, disassembly, repair, machining, reassembly of cylinder assembly, heads, and engine/compressor components.
- Responsible for operating impact wrenches, grinders, ovens and overhead cranes and forklifts
- Responsible for parts procurement and warehouse activities
- Responsible for completion of work and failure reports
- Responsible for reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Responsible for using micrometers and calipers
- Responsible for machine setup and operation to obtain close tolerances and alignment of machined parts
- Minimum of 1-3 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Execute all maintenance activities related to plant maintenance and operation
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Formal mechanical training at technical institute or 2-5 years' experience.
- 2-5 years of gas engine and compressor maintenance experience
- OQ testing knowledge
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.