Through the Targa Developmental Technician Program, the Developmental Technician will learn skills to complete the maintenance of our natural gas facilities and will obtain training in maintenance.
The responsibility of the Developmental Technician is to work safely and have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors.) JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
- Responsible for operation, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment which is limited but not included to: Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, Turbines, Heat exchangers, Cooling towers, air coolers, filtration equipment, pressure relief devices, and other specialty items
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities
- Learn and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management
- Learn and acquire knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance
- Have a basic knowledge of ones work and how it will affect other co-workers in the plant and field operations
- Must be proficient in the use of tools including; hydraulic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Associates Degree in Natural Gas Compression, Mechanical or related Field
- Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, glycol dehydrators and Gas plant processing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.