Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota and Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician based in Watford City, ND.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the following processes: NGL extraction via cryogenic turbo expander processes, 2 cycle and 4 cycle engines and compressors, gas and liquid treating via amine solution, dehydration, acid gas injection, pumps Ã¢‚¬" centrifugal and positive displacement, utility generation Ã¢‚¬" steam, cooling tower, cooling water, electrical generation, purchase power, among others.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adjust process variable and conditions using a GE PLC / Wonderware system Experience using analytical instruments and tools to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions of equipment listed above Experience using precision tools such as micrometers, torque wrenches and alignment devices Follow TargaÃ¢‚¬„¢s Safety Policies, Procedures, and Business Ethics Policies Monitor and recognize dangerous and or emergency conditions within the process and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process / facility in order to protect personnel and equipment Monitor levels of lubricants, fluids, chemicals, etc. and refills as necessary to prevent damage to equipment Monitor process variables and conditions Monitor usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, lube oils, etc. to prevent excessive consumption at current processing and production rates Participates in preparation of operating procedures and training of peers in safe and efficient operating practices Perform routine startup and shutdown of individual equipment and processes Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management Proven ability to install new and replacement equipment listed above as required to maintain and optimize plant and field operations Read, calculate, and / or estimate process flow rates, volumes, and prepare operational logs and reports i.e. PPR Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary to correct problems Write work orders using MAXIMO for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations Knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations, Maintenance, and Gas & Liquid Measurement Regular and reliable attendance is required
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, glycol dehydrators and Gas plant processing Knowledge of OEM specifications for Waukesha, Clark, White Superior, Cat and Cooper engines Understanding of the maintenance of fans, air compressors, or pumps, replacing packing, and alignment Ability to maintain maintenance records using the CMMS tool Maximo Willing to travel to various locations for job tasks
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent Maintain a valid driverÃ¢‚¬„¢s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company Associates degree from an accredited technical school Minimum 1-3 years related work experience Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 3 - 4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex) We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa policy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.