Targa is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor based in Watford City, ND. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be able to perform functions as outlined below: Provides training and coaching to all employees located within the plant. Ensures a safe work environment for supervised staff by promoting safety and environmental programs. Responsible for creating and overseeing plant operating expenses. Develops relationship with customers in the service area. Assists in implementing root cause analysis. Provides the necessary resources to ensure project completion. Participate in local business and community organizations. Provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all plant employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Perform other duties as requested by management.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of 5 year(s) of related work experience. Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company. Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors. Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions. Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs. Ability to work in changing climate conditions. Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing. Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
Knowledge of gas gathering systems and hydraulics. Knowledge of cryogenic and propane refrigeration gas processing. Prior work experience in extreme weather conditions PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 3 - 4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa policy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.