Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: Machinist, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Machinist / Mechanic Technician for their overhaul shop located in Odessa, TX.
- Inspection, disassembly, repair, cylinder assembly, heads, and engine/compressor components, operating impact wrenches, grinders, ovens, overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Perform proper preventative maintenance and repair, maintain and operate equipment using hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Gather understanding and solution to problems by troubleshooting, diagnostic testing and repairing/adjusting equipment as needed.
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including design, use, repair and maintenance.
- Use hand tools to clean, lubricate, adjust equipment and replace filters, gaskets and other items while identifying specific type of maintenance required.
- Safely set units and perform start-up procedures as well as assist in the disassembly and removal of unit from locations.
- Responsible for parts procurement and warehouse activities
- Completion of work and failure reports.
- Understanding of micrometers, and calipers
- Machine setup and operation to obtain close tolerances and alignment of machine parts.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverÃ¢‚¬„¢s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Minimum of 2+ years of trade school apprenticeship or equivalent shop experience
- 2+ years of gas engine and compressor maintenance experience.
- Experience with modern engines and compressors used in the natural gas industry preferred.
- Technical training in shop math and blueprint reading
- Ability to generate CNC programs from blueprints to produce finished parts
- Ability to grind tools as needed
- Ability to use Geometric Dimension and Tolerance as specified
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.