JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to understand electrical and instrumentation equipment associated with plant processing equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair compressor panel control wiring and associated devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical motor starter panels and motor issues also.
- Have working knowledge of how to read electrical schematics and P&ID's drawings.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Maintain and work on different types of control valves and transmitters.
- Knowledge of plc's and DCS troubleshooting.
- Be able to perform processing plants and field booster's preventive maintenance on electrical systems.
- Be able to work on electrical systems ranging from 12vdc to 4160 vac.
- Knowledge of electrical meters and diagnostic tools for troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Follow all company safety procedures and lockout and tag out procedures.
- Be able to work on related projects with different company groups
- Minimum of 1-3 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Execute all maintenance activities related to pipeline maintenance and operation
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Have the ability or knowledge to learn how to diagnose PLC problems
- Understands how to read and translate the information found within all: PLC code, Schematic wiring, and Ladder and P&ID'S process diagrams.
- Have the ability to trouble shoot complex electrical control systems and to maintain instrumentation systems.
- Be a self-starter and communicate with the I&E group on a daily bases.
- Must be able to take call out on the rotation and work weekends if needed.
- Associates degree in electrical/instrumentation or 3 years of experience as and I/E tech in the gas processing industry.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.