Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Developmental Technician for their facility located in Rankin, TX.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the technician is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, gas turbines, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment.
- The schedule will consist of 12 hour rotating shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
- The position also has associated callouts and overtime.
- Duties will include working at field compressors stations and truck loading.
- Technician will also be required to perform certain PSM functions and activities.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
- Working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
- Responsible for operation, surveillance, diagnosis, troubleshooting, minor repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment for compressor station operation which is includes but not limited to: Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, air coolers, filtration equipment, pressure relief devices, glycol dehydration and other specialty items.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management.
- Have a basic knowledge of ones work and how it will affect other co-workers in the plant and field operations.
- Have a basic understanding of natural gas pipelines systems in relation to compressor station operations.
- Minimum of 0-3 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Gas Plant/Pipeline/Field related experience
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.