Minimum Essential Qualifications:
- Specify, evaluate and select electrical engineered and specialty equipment for operations and major/complex projects.
- Prepare technical bids and/or proposal evaluations and recommendations.
- Evaluate, prepare and analyze designs of electrical systems including power generation, utility inter-ties, distribution, motor/plant logic, control systems, lighting, emergency power, supplies, grounding, alarm and safety shutdown systems.
- Review and/or negotiate utility contracts with outside vendors.
- Provide technical assistance in the form of written reports, consultation, research, electrical system studies, National Electrical Code interpretations, recommendations and utility contracts
- Prepare highly detailed short circuit, motor starting, voltage drop, load shedding and relay coordination studies as needed to ensure plant reliability and personnel safety.
- Ensure that company standards and strategies comply with the latest industry practices, safety, environmental and process safety management requirements.
- Develop and maintain electrical engineering specifications and facility electrical area classification drawings.
- Investigate plant uses for improved energy conservation.
- Direct work and review outside engineering contractors' designs, studies, drawings and material selections to ensure conformance with Targa specifications and standards.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with new or existing facilities and their electrical design.
- Prepare budgetary and AFE quality cost estimates in addition to technical scopes of work.
- Participate in technical and industry conferences, making presentations when requested.
- Supervise field work and small projects in terms of coordinating activities, monitoring the budget, and ensuring timely and accurate completion of multiple tasks at one time.
Preferred Qualifications: WORK CONDITIONS:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university
3+ years related experience and/or training
Experience with power system design, power distribution equipment and protective relaying.
Experience with design and troubleshooting of electric motors and related equipment including motor starters, motor protection relay, and variable frequency drives.
Experience in electrical modeling program (SKM, ETAP, etc.) for use to conduct power studies, short circuit calculation, coordination studies, arc flash calculation, and troubleshooting is required.
Basic understanding of preventative/predictive maintenance concepts and applications as it applies to electrical equipment.
Knowledge applicable codes, government regulations, standards, pertaining to electrical systems such as NFPA, NEC, and API.
Self-motivated and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to interface effectively with wide range of technical, analytical and managerial personnel.
Knowledge of contracts, proposals, bids and budgeting concepts
Maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.