JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for inspection, disassembly, repair, cylinder assembly, heads, and engine/compressor components, operating impact wrenches, grinders, ovens, overhead cranes and forklifts
- Responsible for parts procurement and warehouse activities
- Oversight and completion of work.
- Responsible for reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Understanding of micrometers, and calipers
- Responsible for machine setup and operation to obtain close tolerances and alignment of machine parts.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including design, use, repair and maintenance.
- Perform proper preventative maintenance and repair, maintain and operate equipment using hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Gather understanding and solution to problems by troubleshooting, diagnostic testing and repairing/adjusting equipment as needed.
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines and standards.
- Use hand tools to clean, lubricate, adjust equipment and replace filters, gaskets and other items while identifying specific type of maintenance required.
- Safely set units and perform start-up procedures as well as assist in the disassembly and removal of unit from locations.
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Formal mechanical training at technical institute for 2-5 yearsâ€™ experience.
- 2-5 years of gas engine and compressor maintenance experience.
- Experience with modern engines and compressors used in the natural gas industry preferred.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.