Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Construction Inspector for their office in Mertzon, TX.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for providing inspection for plants, stations and pipelines as required to ensure construction quality is acceptable according to company procedures and industry.
- Manage work so that it is performed in a safe manner
- Knowledgeable in company construction specifications/requirements and industry codes and regulations
- Manage construction forms and company processes, job safety evaluations, and maintain inspection and construction records for the company in accordance with company requirements
- Responsible for providing construction support while working with engineering, construction, operations and 3rd parties as required to assist in design, estimating, and scheduling and to assure operational fit and constructability through on-site field investigations, planning and meetings with appropriate parties.
- Additional responsibilities include coordination of pipeline routing, surveying activities, involvement in contractor selection process, and assisting with process/procedure optimization initiatives
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all parties
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Travel to areas within region where work is active
- Maintain relationships with local regulators.
- Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner.
- Attend safety meetings and work safely
- Minimum of 5 year(s) of related work experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in the pipeline industry with a significant amount of experience in construction and construction management of pipelines, compressor stations, processing plants, and measurement facilities.
- Working knowledge of pipeline and plant codes and industry standards, including ASME B31.3, ASME B31.8, DOT 192, ASME IX, and API 1104.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as Process and Instrument Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, easements, leases, licenses, etc.
- Familiarity with Process Safety Management Facilities; Management of Change Process; Environmental, Health, and Safety and OSHA Guidelines and Practices
- Experience with pipeline operations.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Effective organization, time-management and project planning skills
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.