JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) internal controls documentation repository currently in SharePoint; assist IT in administering access to the SOX Compliance site
- Work with process and control owners to develop detailed documentation of SOX controls and processes utilizing Visio (flowcharts), MS Word (narratives), or similar solutions; administer versioning; produce control change reports. Secure approval of all SOX documents from respective process and control owners, and applicable officers
- Promote an understanding of SOX controls environment, including conformance to COSO principles, through informal interactions, periodic meetings, and/or trainings with internal stakeholders
- Maintain and report on testing status and other project milestone to ensure timely completetion of compliance requirements
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide assistance to Internal Controls Sr. Manager with drafting evaluations of SOX testing exceptions and deficiencies identified in Internal Audit and by the external auditors using a framework following AS5.
- Respond to SOX related inquiries from owners, testers, auditors, and management in timely manner
- Assist Internal Audit, as needed on projects, including but not limited to vendor compliance reviews, audits of field operations, as well as corporate functions involving disbursements, fraud prevention/detection, and safeguarding of assets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Three  plus years' experience with a publicly traded corporation or public accounting firm, with audit and/or oil and gas sector experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Experience in testing of internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to multi-task and adapt to changing requirements and tight timelines
- Highly-proficient in Excel
- Interpersonal skills to support effective interaction with all levels of the organization
- Examples of written communications
- Professional references
- Regular and reliable attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- One or more professional certifications (in decreasing order of preference: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner).
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.