The Maintenance Technician is responsible for operation, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to the following pumps, steam turbines, compressors, gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings, seals and all rotating equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completes basic and routine maintenance tasks in support of operations
- Conduct all job related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
- Conduct periodic inspection of the facility and report any unsafe condition or, conditions posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
- Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process performance.
- Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
- Complete all deviation reports, including safety, environmental and work orders.
- Help operations to prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair
- Participate in emergency response activities
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance job requests
- Assemble and repair equipment, while maintaining critical spare parts
- Inspect dismantle, repair or replace pipes, valves and fittings
- Work with contractors and company employees to complete plant turnarounds
- Ability to walk down pipes and vessels using P&IDs', one-line and isometric drawings
- Work may involve climbing at heights at or above six feet.
- Ability to follow and adhere to all applicable safety regulations including, but not limited to, Targa's processes and procedures, Site Specific Rules, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment
- Must employ the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the company's Environmental, Health, and Safety policies
- Performs other work related duties as needed
- Complete other general maintenance in other departments
- Work with schedulers and other crafts in order to complete job assignments
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Working knowledge of the English language, with the ability to speak, read and write to convey information
- Ability to think critically and logically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Basic pipe, valve and fitting knowledge
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
- Plant pipe, valve, vessels and other equipment maintenance experience
- 2 to 3 year' in gas processing, petrochemical, liquid fractionation or refining facility other equipment maintenance experience
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel,
- Previous experience with a CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) experience (SAP, Maximo etc.)
- Experience with work permit process, conduct "What IF" Scenarios, Job Safety Analysis or Job Task Analysis
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.