The Plant Operations Technician will safely and efficiently operate and maintain product loading facilities including but not limited to truck loading/unloading rack, product storage vessels, condensate stabilizers, vapor recovery units, product pumps, condensate systems, filtration systems, metering systems, and potable water system. This person will be capable of safely analyzing mechanical failures, determine the extent of needed repairs, and understand the consequences and effects they have on the plant and/or field operations. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Review and monitor Plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the Operator is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, gas turbines, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment.
- The schedule will consist of 8 hour shifts and will require some weekends and holidays to be worked.
- The position also has associated callouts and overtime.
- Duties will include working at Plant and field compressors stations and truck loading.
- Shackelford Plant has glycol dehydration, and gas compression served by gathering system.
- Shackelford Plant Operator will also be required to perform certain PSM/PHA functions and activities.
- Perform routine shutdowns and startup of equipment and perform emergency procedures when required.
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves and perform general maintenance when needed.
- Working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
- Responsible for operation, surveillance, diagnosis, troubleshooting, minor repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment for Plant operation which is includes but not limited to: Engines,
- Compressors, Pumps, Valves, air coolers, filtration equipment, pressure relief devices, glycol dehydration and other specialty items.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management.
- 0-3 years of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft operating system and Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Gas Plant/Pipeline/Field related experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.