The Vacuum Truck Driver position will have shared responsibility for daily and periodically scheduled loading, unloading and transportation of wastewater from compressor stations and other associated equipment. It will also include the loading, unloading and transportation of condensate/slop oil from compressor stations. It will include the â€?pulling of dripsâ€ as directed by field personnel. Hauling fresh water in the process of pipeline maintenance as directed by field personnel. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records.
- Utilizes ELD for daily logging and dispatch
- Operates a variety of makes, models, and sizes of tractor/tank truck combinations, and all, pumping, and other mechanical devices related or incidental to transporting, loading and unloading products, materials, and equipment.
- Carries out scheduled deliveries by routing as specified by Targa Transport dispatchers. Adheres to all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
- Loads/unloads, or assists in loading/unloading transports, with the aid of mechanical devices, in accordance with approved procedures and current instructions.
- Determines, by personal inspections in accordance with criteria specified by Targa Transports, that vehicles are in a safe operating condition before leaving company facility.
- Works a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work up to the maximum hours allowed by the DOT. May be assigned on a short-term basis to other Targa Transport locations or work sites.
- This position will have shared responsibility for daily and periodically scheduled loading, unloading and transportation of waste water and/or condensate from compressor stations and other associated equipment.
- It will also include: Loading, Unloading, Transportation of condensate/slop oil from compressor stations, â€?Pulling of dripsâ€ as directed by field personnel, Hauling fresh water in the process of pipeline maintenance as directed by field personnel.
- This position makes multiple stops and does not include over-the-road type driving.
- Complete special projects / duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver license (CDL) required
- Must Requires a valid, current Class A commercial drivers license with Hazardous Materials and Tank endorsements
- Must be able to drive in city or industrial areas such as paved roads and minimal maintenance roads.
- Must comply with all Federal, State, and local rules and regulations and meeting all requirements as set forth in Part 391 Qualification of Drivers of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Perform minor mechanical repairs and performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Recognize mechanical problems that might affect the safety or operations of the truck.
- Recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions that might occur in their area of operation.
- Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need to shut down the equipment or to activate the emergency action procedure.
- Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures.
- Know and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies and Procedures. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and permits, and detailed knowledge of the effect his/her work will have on their co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Will require travel to work site and may require occasional overnight stay on business trips
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks
- Computer skills to include the use of e-mail and filling out an electronic time card, proficient with a â€?smartâ€ device
- Use and interpret GPS instrument
- Current Hazmat Certification
- DOT Certified
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.