Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Targa is currently seeking an Measurement Technician for their office in Venice, LA.
- Job Responsibilities
Learn and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and process, and have working knowledge of the effect these tasks will have on co-workers and the overall facility.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation
- Assist other Measurement Technicians or Supervisor with measurement or other tasks as directed.
- Organize and maintain records as required.
- Use Maximo to document measurement activities.
- Have a working knowledge of natural gas and natural gas characteristics including gas & liquid measurement.
Perform calibrations, gas sampling, troubleshooting, repair and installation of liquid / gas flow measurement equipment.
- Able to calibrate and trouble-shoot Total Flow & OMNI flow computers, chromatographs and moisture analyzers
- Troubleshoot and maintain measurement communication systems
- Practice good safe housekeeping.
- Assist in training new hires or other technicians as required.
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions.
- Create and edit measurement volume statements
- Must be able to perform functions as outlined on essential job duties for a measurement technician.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
Â· High School Diploma or Equivalent
Â· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
Â· Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
Â· Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
Â· Minimum of 3 years of work of work related experience.
Â· Working knowledge of functionality of Gas and Liquid measurement / equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
Ability to work at heights above 100â€™ if required.
Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC)
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Â· High level computer skills with some ability to do simple programming.
Â· 5 years in gas processing industry
Â· Ability to track line item budget tasks
Â· 2 year technical degree.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.