Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States, with a growing presence in crude oil gathering and petroleum terminaling. Targa is engaged in the business of: (1) gathering, compressing, treating, processing and selling natural gas; (2) storing, fractionating, treating, transporting and selling NGLs and NGL products, including services to LPG exporters; (3) gathering, storing and terminaling crude oil; and (4) storing, terminaling and selling refined petroleum products. Our gathering and processing footprint includes more than 24,000 miles of pipeline across multiple shale and resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Williston Basin, Barnett Shale, Anadarko Basin, Ardmore Basin, Arkoma Basin, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico. Our leading downstream footprint includes the second largest fractionation position in Mont Belvieu, TX and a world class LPG export facility in Galena Park, TX.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their facility located in Chico, TX.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Performs routine startup/shutdown of field equipment, such as pumps, engines, compressors, heaters, etc.
- Perform housekeeping tasks
- Training of co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
- Direct and Monitor work of contractors
- In depth working knowledge/operation of engines, compressors, glycol units.
- Recognize equipment malfunctions and perform maintenance as needed
- Use of basic hand tools and lifting devised in performing maintenance.
- Live within 30 minutes of Chico, TX
- Completion of advanced mechanical training or certificates, or equivalent work experience (2+ years)
High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driverâ€™s license and safe driving record
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- Outdoor and indoor working conditions (may include some weekend, night time and/or inclement weather)
- 3+ yearsâ€™ experience in maintenance of natural gas stationary engines and compressors
- Has a good understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment /process failures.
- Good computer skills
- Process Safety Management knowledge
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note â€" Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.