Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Supply & Distribution, Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota and Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Transport Driver for their facility located in Monahans, TX.
· Performs truck safety inspections, verification of product lading, and preparation of operational and DOT forms and records.
· Utilizes ELD for daily logging and dispatch
· Operates a variety of makes, models, and sizes of tractor/tank truck combinations, and all, pumping, and other mechanical devices related or incidental to transporting, loading and unloading products, materials, and equipment.
· Carries out scheduled deliveries by routing as specified by Targa Transport dispatchers. Adheres to all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
· Loads/unloads, or assists in loading/unloading transports, with the aid of mechanical devices, in accordance with approved procedures and current instructions.
· Determines, by personal inspections in accordance with criteria specified by Targa Transports, that vehicles are in a safe operating condition before leaving company facility.
· Works a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work up to the maximum hours allowed by the DOT. May be assigned on a short-term basis to other Targa Transport locations or work sites.
· Transport drivers will stay overnight in transport for up to 5 nights per week as required by the schedule
· Transport Driver Level 1 position is required to provide / assist with the training of new drivers and retraining those drivers who are returning to work after extended leave.
· Complete special projects / duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Requires a valid, current Class A commercial drivers license with Hazardous Materials and Tank endorsements
· Minimum of one (1) years of Over the Road (OTR) or regional experience.
· Must possess an excellent driving/safety record.
· Must meet all requirements for drivers as set forth in Part 391-Qualification of Drivers of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
· Requires demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision, and the ability and knowledge to respond to emergency situations with appropriate action.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge of and experience with preventive maintenance procedures necessary to perform routine DOT inspections for tractors and trailers.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Hazardous Material Shipping Documentation.
· Requires demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities and desire to handle materials safely, while driving, loading and unloading, etc.
· Requires demonstrated communications, interpersonal, and teamwork skills necessary to work safely and effectively with customers and Targa employees.
· Regular and Reliable Attendance
· Requires physical and mental ability to operate a tractor / trailer and all associated equipment.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time
· Demonstrated ability to perform rigorous outside and indoor duties including walking standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
· Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 pounds to waist high.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English.
· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team
· Minimum of two (2) years experience driving with chemical and/or fuel tank trailers.
· Previous driving and/or operational experience with LPG products.
· TWIC Card, LPG certification with Texas Railroad Commission
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.