The Maintenance Technician is responsible for operation, installation, diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair, preventive maintenance and overall proper function of all types of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to the following pumps, steam turbines, compressors, gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings, seals and all rotating equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist other Measurement Technicians or Supervisor with routine measurement functions Learn and gain a good basic knowledge of Crude Plant Operations up to and including
- Operator shift coverage
- Assist in the operation, calibration and troubleshooting of H2S monitors
- General cleanup of assigned work areas (Maintenance Shop, Office, Work Areas, etc.)
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions
- Responsible for his/her safety and of any person he/she may be working with
- Must be able to perform functions as outline on Essential Job Duties for a Maintenance Technician
- Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies
- Plan and perform alf assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of related work experience.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
- Regular and Reliable attendance.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.