Targa Resources Corp., a midstream natural gas company, has an immediate opening for an Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) Systems Support Analyst located in Houston, Texas to support Targa's Environmental Management Information System (EMIS). Sphera's Essential (ESS) serves as Targa's system of record for compliance and is an integrated part of Targa's ES&H Management System. This position will assist the Regulatory Assurance Team in achieving Targa's goals with respect to environmental compliance by driving continual improvement in sustainable work processes. A proven ability to solve problems, learn new material, adapt to change and be an effective communicator are key traits to success in this position. The ESH Systems Support Analyst will be part of the ES&H Regulatory Assurance team, reporting directly to the Manager - ES&H Systems Support. The responsibilities and requirements of this position are the following:
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
Working knowledge of Sphera Essential Air, Compliance and Task modules, or similar EMIS modules.
Assist in Essential Air module implementations and maintenance (configuring equations, setting up equipment, hierarchies, parameters and unit testing).
Assist Essential Compliance module implementations and maintenance (setting up permits, importing regulatory rules from CyberRegs, entering facility and equipment emission/parameter limits, setting up tasks, auto tasks, and email notifications).
Collaborate with Targa's permitting, compliance and field environmental teams to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Assist in the development of sustainable work processes, procedures and training documents applicable to ESS.
Provide training to ensure that all users are able to navigate the system and complete required duties.
Ability to effectively communicate and document ES&H business and IT information related to Sphera Essential.
Ability to participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for any changes to Targa's Essential implementation.
Support EMIS integration with other systems, such as process historians and Maximo.
Assist in management of other ESH Management System tools like, 3EOnline SDS service, Sharepoint etc..
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
- B.S. in Engineering, or Management of Information Systems, or related science such as chemistry, physics or other environmental science.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with environmental software implementations in a consulting/industrial environment with one or more of the following ESH software: ESS, Opsinfo, Enablon, SAP, Intelex, Enviance.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants).
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
- Advanced level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Sharepoint.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Physical ability to accompany plant employees on plant tours.
- Ability to travel away overnight periodically, as needed, for training or company events.
Related work experience in Sphera Essential (ESS).
Related work experience in SQL database and SSRS reporting system, or equivalent.
Demonstration of effective project management skills.
Related work experience in oil and gas or consulting environment through previous work.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants).