The Plant Operations Technician will safely and efficiently operate and maintain product loading facilities including but not limited to truck loading/unloading rack, product storage vessels, condensate stabilizers, vapor recovery units, product pumps, condensate systems, filtration systems, metering systems, and potable water system. This person will be capable of safely analyzing mechanical failures, determine the extent of needed repairs, and understand the consequences and effects they have on the plant and/or field operations.
The Plant Operations Technician will gain a well-rounded knowledge of the plant and field operations and working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Cryogenic Gas Plant operations, condensate handling, Engine & Compressor Operations, and Gas Measurement. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assists drivers in scheduling loads on daily basis as well as when problems arise with loading/unloading equipment.
- Ensure that the loading/unloading facility meets Targa's safety, PSM, and environmental guidelines, and is responsible for the safety of any individuals within the loading/unloading facilities.
- Install equipment such as pumps, motors, valves.
- Monitor all shipped or delivered products to insure they meet their required product specifications by collecting product samples for analysis, performing saybolt tests and any other product testing as required.
- Report and document in Maximo all equipment failures and maintenance needs to the Plant Supervisor and assist in scheduling and performing the needed repairs.
- Responsible for inventory and distribution of chemicals, oils, glycol, amines, anti-freeze, methanol, automotive fuels, refrigeration propane, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the general appearance of loading/unloading facility.
- Responsible for monthly fire extinguisher, SCBA, eye washes and showers inspections.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining potable water system per state and federal requirements, including but not limited to weekly water sampling and testing, water well yearly flow testing, and obtaining a certificate of "water works operator" from a regulatory approved training course.
- Responsible for preparing and scheduling wastewater and waste lube oil for disposal.
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of loading tickets, and ensure that all required loading information such as metered volumes, type of product, specific gravity, truck weights, is listed and accurate. Must also insure that loaded trucks meet DOT requirements (proper place cards, product documentation, MSDS, etc.).
- Responsible for scheduling liquid meter proving with customers, vendors and measurement department.
- Supervise, train, and monitor all truck drivers to insure that they follow all of Targa's rules, regulations and procedures. Perform yearly renewals of this training for drivers and document and file in PSM.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Minimum 1-3 years related work experience required
- The Plant Operations Technician must have a mechanical aptitude and inclination to adapt in a variety of tasks assigned
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- A self-starter
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Associate's degree in technical discipline
- Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, expander/compressors, plant operations and associated equipment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.