Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production of products meeting required data specifications. The responsibility of the technician is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (natural gas internal combustion engines, natural gas compressors, gas turbines, electrical and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Optimize asset utilization of tractors and trailers by effectively managing all maintenance, rotating assets and locating them strategically to meet demand.
- Develop and implement pro-active maintenance program ensuring that assets are effectively rotated through mandatory inspections and testing; and, insure that routine maintenance is occurring as scheduled to minimize downtown. This will include working with drivers to insure that pre-trips and post-trips are being completed, results tracked and maintenance identified and completed.
- Implement Targa's safety management program insuring that all drivers and equipment are fully compliant with Targa Policies, DOT & FCMSA requirements in coordination with Targa's ESH Team.
- Be responsible for maintaining all equipment files in accordance to DOT standards; comply with all regulations as well as preparing for and attending periodic audits
- Supervise transport drivers operating from the Dayton terminal who will be travelling through TX, LA, MS and FL.
- Supervise shop mechanics at Dayton transport terminal
- Coordinate with operations management and personnel at Targa Terminals, internal marketing teams and other external customer and supplier locations to meet all demand and to solve logistics and operational problems
- Provide leadership and guidance to drivers in support of Targa's safety first culture and open door policies.
- Insure that drivers understand Targa policies, procedures and expectations. This will include participation in annual performance reviews, driver training, hour of service violations, incident review and potential disciplinary action in coordination with Human Resources and Transport Management.
- Implement Targa's staffing policy by interviewing drivers and assisting all applicants and new hire's through Targa's new hire process.
- Become an expert in Targa's ELD program (GeoTab) and Android Tablet and Scanner technology to teach driver to navigate through issues and help them manage hours of service reporting and logging.
- Work with Centralized Dispatch Team to ensure that instructions are understood and followed and act as liaison between drivers and dispatch as required to work though operational or behavioral issues.
- Aid dispatch with problem solving; insure that all commercial business is completed,drivers are fully utilized and insure that dispatch is aware of any technical or operational constraints
- Be familiar with all DOT regulations for hazmat fleet operations, ensuring that all drivers are compliant; investigating identified exceptions and provide training/instruction to team
- Manage the maintenance budget for Dayton truck terminal
- Respond to incidents and manage incidents coordinating with local law enforcement, DOT employees and other first responders as needed. This may include arranging 3rd party towing services, arranging for product transfer and communicating with Targa ESH and management.
- Schedule and optimize maintenance with vendors, drivers and dispatchers
- Order parts and manage/maintain shop inventory of tires, lubricants and spare parts with regard to budget management and pro-active management
- Insure that shop is maintained in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Targa safety standards
- Daily travel will be required to area terminals or vendors or to respond to incidents. Occasional overnight travel may be required in TX, LA or MS.
- Provide backup for Texas Transport management team to cover vacations and trade weekend on-call status to manage incidents- this job requires 24/7, 365 day of the year coverage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years Transport operational experience in a hazmat environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOT rules and transport fleet operations
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including word, excel, outlook and share point
- Able to work independently and be self-directed
- Willing to work after hours including evening, weekends and holidays
- Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast paced sometimes intense work environment
- High degree of communication skills and comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
- 4 year degree from an accredited University
- Previous experience operating a fleet, dispatching trucks, supervising drivers and/or performing tractor/trailer maintenance
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience with Electronic Logging Devices
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.