Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa has an immediate opening for a Safety Programs & Training Specialist primarily supporting the Gulf Coast assets, including operations in Mississippi, Louisiana, Houston, and South Texas. This position is responsible for the deployment and support of corporate safety and compliance programs, including the presentation and fulfillment of the safety compliance training requirements to operations staff.
This position will office at the Mont Belvieu Complex and will report to the Manager, Safety Communication and Training in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Safety Communication and Training, the specialist will:
- Participate in the development of annual companywide safety training and compliance plans.
- Provide and lead required compliance training to field operations.
- Lead and conduct field safety audits, in support of annual safety compliance plans.
- Assist the corporate safety group in the development of safety training tools and content.
- Collaborate with regional ES&H managers and specialists to ensure execution of company safety management and compliance programs at the local operations level.
- Support corporate safety managers in the execution of corporate safety projects and
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
- bachelor's degree (4 year) or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field preferred.
- Maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and leading formal safety programs
- Working knowledge and prior experience implementing and leading occupational safety compliance.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Preferred consideration will be given for CSP, ASP or similar professional certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the Targa facilities
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time