Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator for their facility located in Mont Belvieu, TX. Job Description:
• Optimize schedule for truck and/or rail activity into the Mont Belvieu Complex based on marketing activity (both internal and external to Targa);
• Effectively coordinate truck and or rail activity with internal business units as well as the railroads to develop forecasts based on supply and demand. Effectively track and minimize MBC demurrage costs
• Supply customer with product data including product, volumes, deliverability and flow rates
• Optimizing utilization of truck and/or rail facilities (loading spots and rail car storage area) at Mont Belvieu consistent with business needs;
• Responsible for processing, analyzing and reporting daily LPG/NGL truck, pipeline and rail car movements
• Prepares and analyzes daily and monthly product balances for the facility and associated pipelines
• Coordinates with Distribution to ensure proper billing to customers
• Interfaces daily with customers and suppliers to exchange movement information and troubleshoot product
• Works closely with the Measurement Technicians to troubleshoot product imbalances
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required to complete daily tasks
• Identify problem areas and facilitate the development of appropriate solutions;
• Develop and track process improvements and metrics; develop appropriate operational, financial and management reports.
• Must be able to work with confidential information including working under Sarbanes Oxley act, enacted July 20, 2002 Minimum Essential Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Maintain a valid driver license
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a rail coordination or logistics position
• Excellent organization and communication skills are required, both written and oral
• Proficient in the use of computer systems including Microsoft Office and rail specific tracking software - ability to learn proprietary software
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and react quickly in a rapidly changing environment
• High degree of attention to detail with good analytical skills.
• Must be willing to work overtime to meet business need including periodic weekend coverage
• Working knowledge of the English language, with the ability to speak, read and write to convey information
• Ability to think critically and logically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Capable of converting verbal or written instructions into productive action
• Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and be able to respond to call-outs as need to fulfill business objectives.
• Work generally performed in an industrial environment (indoor or outdoor) with various hazards and noise exposure.
• Travel may be required for assignments, meetings, and training.
• The position also requires availability for rotating on-call schedule, unscheduled call-outs and extended workdays and/or workweeks.
• Overtime, Weekend and/or Holiday hours may be required. Sitting for long periods while working with their PC
• Ability to respond to incidents including meeting at muster points, help to maintain employee and contractor records to verify all employees within the muster zone. Preferred Qualifications
- • 2 years tankcar scheduling experience preferred, familiar with LPG plant operations.
- Four-year degree or comparable combination of training and work experience