Company: Targa Resources Inc
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the
largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in
Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota and Louisiana. Targa owns,
operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary
midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team
and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst in Houston, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Assist with month-end close to ensure financial statements are accurate
• Prepare monthly journal entries with supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions
• Prepare all assigned monthly account reconciliations
• Reconcile and settle intercompany transactions monthly
• Assist with analyzing consolidated financial statements and report on variances
• Assist in the preparation of partnership financial statements
• Perform research on various accounting topics as requested.
• Manage communication of accounting issues and resolution to impacted groups
• Maintain desk procedures and SOX documentation for assigned areas
• Respond to inquiries from auditors ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• 3-5 years public accounting or corporate accounting experience
• Extensive knowledge of GAAP
• Strong analytical skills
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to adjust style depending on audience
• Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box
• Strong planning and organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• CPA or CPA eligible preferred
• SEC reporting familiarity
• Oracle and HFM experience
• Demonstrate an ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment; adaptable to flex and change as business needs and priorities change