JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for calculating product revenues and associated gas purchase cost and the recording of all transactions in the accounting system as they relate to the gross margins reported for assigned gas processing plants.
- Analyze operational reports and work with the commercial group to resolve all questions and issues related to the revenue and cost of sales associated with the assigned facilities.
- Review new contracts and verify the set-up of the appropriate calculations to create monthly gas purchase statements and financial settlements in compliance with the contract.
- Analyze account balances and gross margin account activity at month end and prepare account reconciliations, margin analysis, and SOX documentation.
- Actively participate in special projects as requested.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3-5 years public accounting or corporate accounting experience/ Lead analyst should be more than 5 years
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Strong communication skills
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Knowledge of operating agreements and gas processing/purchase contracts
- Experience in upstream accounting
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financial system, Oracle Cloud Financials and TIPS or Waterfield settlement systems
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced team environment, with limited supervision
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.