Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
The Senior Cost Engineer is responsible for the provision of a proactive cost management service for specific projects within Engineering and Projects. He/ she will liaise with the client's Cost Engineers and ensure that KCA Deutag forecasts are carried forward into the client's overall cost reporting appropriately.
- Ensure quality monthly cost reports are produced for specific E&P contracts for both internal and external Clients;
- Contribute, where necessary, to monthly contract and accounts review meetings;
- Ensure smooth running of project cost function, dealing with ad-hoc issues and escalating to the Lead / Senior Cost Engineer where necessary;
- Utilisation of the Work Management System as the prime control software;
- Check project estimates from a cost perspective to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Input to project estimates at the compilation stage on as required basis;
- Manage workload of Project Cost Engineers;
- Prepare monthly invoices;
- Report performance of cost reporting function on monthly basis and ensure SLA targets are achieved;
- Assisting Project and Services Team Leader with annual appraisals/reviews for all members of project specific cost teams;
- Develop and manage continuous improvement plan;
- Coach and train less experienced personnel within the cost team;
- Interface with other functions to assist cost management process;
- Travel to Jobsites & Client offices, as required;
- Maintain & engender good Client relationships at all times;
- Provide auditable back-up in a consistent manner for all cost calculations. This is known as 'self audit' methodology;
- Maintain project cost control filing system in accordance with the project/corporate numbering system, where appropriate;
- Participate in project specific cost control audits as required by senior management;
- Assist the KCA Deutag Accounts and Finance department with internal budget updates at agreed frequencies;
- Prepare monthly status reports of budget vs actual cost for both external client and KCA Deutag internal budget purposes;
- Identify any variances between budget and actual cost in a timely manner to KCA Deutag management for remedial action.
Key Skills & Experience
Minimum qualifications and Requirements:
- Financial educational background;
- Availability of GAAP certificate is an advantageous.
- Proven financial/cost engineering experience;
- Experience of SAP system;
- Experience in RDS division is an advantageous;
- Experience of computerised financial and cost reporting systems.
- Excellent planning, communication and numerical skills;
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, coaching skills;
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- Excellent reporting skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Please note that if your legal right to work in the UK is subject to special conditions or if you're not currently entitled to work in the UK then you will need to specify these in your application cover letter or CV.
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.