Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are looking for a Principal Planning Engineer to join a project team, based in an Aberdeen office location, on a rolling programme of subsea tiebacks.
You will join the Project Controls function which provides Project Control services on projects to include planning, cost control, document control and estimating. Project controls is involved in all stages of the project life cycle including Concept, FEED and the EPC phases. To assist with providing these services, the Project Controls team utilises an in-house integrated project management system interfaced with proprietary systems where appropriate. Project Dependent on the requirements, your skills and expertise will be utilised on a single or multiple project phases.
* To be accountable for the control and supervision, monitoring and guidance of the day-to-day activities of a small project planning team.
* To deliver a resourced robust, resource loaded, baseline project schedule against predefined parameters.
* To oversee the co-ordination and production of all project plans and associated documents ("S" curves, Histograms, tabulated man hour/progress data).
* Provide the Management Team with the relevant contract information.
* Ensure that all services and deliverables conform to Company, client and Project QA Plan, policies, requirements and standards.
* To promote good working relations within the Project Controls Teams and other project departments and client representatives.
* To ensure all planning work is carried out in compliance with Corporate and Project specific procedures.
* To liaise with the project team and planners to resolve conflicts.
* Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Required qualifications / certification:
* HNC or equivalent.
* Primavera P6 102.
* Primavera P6 106.
* Level 5 QCF in Planning/Project Controls.
* Member of a Professional Institution.
* Previous Planning experience, responsible for a medium sized brownfield project or medium sized-sub-element of a major project.
* Specialist knowledge in project control system (Primavera P6).
* Previous experience in controlling, directing, supervising and managing the day to day activities of a planning team.
* Must be able to communicate with all levels up to top management.
* Demonstrates excellent leadership skills.
* Capable of setting up, managing and motivating a team to deliver the planning objectives and achieving targets/milestones.
* IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel.
* Understands and applies planning theory, process and best practices.
* Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agreed standards, systems, processes to meet the project and client requirements.
* Capable of managing and co-ordinated approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner.
* Capable of the development and maintaining of performance targets.