Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Asset JV Accountant, on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen
The North Sea JV team has responsibility for a wide range of work across the full asset life cycle including UK and Netherlands operated and non-operated assets, with several flagship developments. The Asset JV Accountant will play an important role in supporting and influencing the team to deliver a robust control framework, and ensuring effective, accurate and timely close processes at month, mid-year and year-end. There will be opportunities to look at current processes, make recommendations for improvement, drive and implement change that adds value to business performance.
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely financial statement close processes at month and year end, working closely with the wider Finance Operations team
- Complete all joint venture month end deliverables including bookings for accruals and other gross entries and ledger reviews
- Manage the JV close process for the North Sea
- Prepare, review and issue joint venture partner billings
- Understand business activity in month; complete actuals v budget and forecast variance analysis for month end integrity review, MBR, capex and cost reporting
- Maintain integrity of financial ledger for all assets
- Contribute to business unit half year/year end deliverables through the presentation of supporting analysis for assets
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts for Treasury
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce sales invoices along with associated ledger entries and control debtor management
The role requires a professional individual who prides themselves in attention to detail and is capable of working in often pressured situations
You will have strong communication skills and can demonstrate leading and influencing capabilities
A self-starter who can prioritise work to monthly deadlines
Capable of working on own initiative, but also demonstrating great teamwork.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP ERP, BW and BPC experience desirable
- Joint Venture Accounting experience essential
- Hold / studying towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- The candidate should be in possession of a relevant Finance / Business Degree
- Demonstrate own belief in and support for HSEQ policies, procedures and standards. Follow the safety & environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit. Contribute to ensuring HSEQ objectives and targets are met.
In addition to technical knowledge and credibility, we are searching for a someone who lives our values of Agility, Collaboration, Courage, Care and Delivery, enables and supports change and brings fresh and dynamic thinking.