Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chiswick, UK Luanda, Angola Lagos/Nigeria
Reporting to the International Tax Director for Europe, Eurasia, Sub-Saharan Africa (EESSA) the successful candidate will assume responsibility for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) for the effective tax rates, tax audits, tax planning initiatives, transfer pricing, provision of tax assistance to all Halliburton operating divisions and management and review of tax accounting and compliance. The Tax Department is a small but dynamic group and for the right individual, there will be opportunities to develop their career further within Halliburton.
The candidate will have a firm foundation in international corporate tax either from practice or industry, to be sufficiently confident to manage the responsibilities set out below under supervision and guidance from the International Tax Director. Personal tax and VAT experience will be an advantage.
The primary responsibilities for role are set out below. The Applicant should be prepared to be flexible and be willing to undertake additional responsibilities and provide support to the International Tax Department as required.
- Manage and optimise the company's effective tax rate and cash tax by minimising the impact of foreign taxes on operational results.
- Implement corporate tax strategy in SSA.
- Become familiar with the Halliburton business in order that tax planning and compliance is undertaken with a sound knowledge of the commercial environment.
- Participate in/instigate tax planning including collaborating with management to recommend and effect corporate structural changes.
- Review of project contracts, bids and tenders and tax advice to the business in this respect, in particular assessing business needs in new locations and considering the compliance/tax registration implications.
- Manage SSA tax affairs to ensure compliance with local and US law, including conducting reviews into internal controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley Act 404.
- Monitor changes/developments in US and international tax laws and recommend changes necessary/desirable as a result of developments.
- Manage all tax compliance related activities in SSA ensure all tax returns/payments are reviewed and filed/paid in a timely manner; managing tax audits and all correspondence with tax authorities.
- Manage the preparation of transfer pricing documentation as necessary in the region.
- Ensure that appropriate monthly and annual tax accruals are adequately maintained.
- Engaging tax advisers, managing fees and maintaining good relationships with advisers.
- Provide support regarding VAT and personal taxes within the region.
- Assisting with other ad hoc advisory and project work, as required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Strong corporate tax background, with some exposure to international tax.
- Several years experience in tax, either in the profession or industry.
- Outgoing and confident personality and the ability to deal with and present to senior management within the business, Revenue Authorities and external advisors.
- Innovative with strong technical skills.
- At least one of either: a recognised accounting qualification; ATT; CTA; ADIT, Accountancy or Legal Qualifications in Taxation, HM Inspector of Taxes exams.
- IT skills
- US tax experience
- Skills/knowledge of SAP
- VAT and Personal tax experience
- Excellent communicator (verbally and in writing)
- Team Player
- Able to drive through initiatives and be a "Problem solver"
- Able to prioritise, in particular Tax Dept responsibilities, and work on own initiative.
- Flexibility and ability to work to deadlines.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Building 4, Chiswick Park, London, London, W4 5YA, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 75011
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.