Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting - MCBU - Environmental Air Specialist (PSG 20-22)(FL 3-5) located in Midland , TX Texas / United States through May 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401479
Supports MCBU by providing air subject matter expertise, including compliance and day to day support. Responsibilities include: state and federal regulation applicability determinations; permitting; review of proposed operational changes to ensure compliance; preparation of compliance documents for submittal to regulatory agencies; providing guidance to the facility on how to maintain and document compliance. Participates in implementation of new or modified US Federal, State, Local and/or Tribal environmental regulations. The role requires effective engagement and relationships with all functions.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Air Permitting
- Environmental Air Compliance
- Technical Environmental Air Support including reading and interpreting regulations and calculating air emissions using generally accepted calculation methods and models.
- BS in engineering or HES related discipline or similar required.
- Minimum of three years air experience strongly preferred.
- Technical Skills - Solid technical understanding of environmental regulations related to environmental air, especially in Texas and New Mexico. Colorado a plus. Experience in interpreting and complying with environmental regulations and implementing programs/procedures for sustained compliance. Air permitting and emissions estimations knowledge/experience for emission sources common to the oil and gas industry. Experience as an environmental air consultant a plus. Technical savvy with Microsoft Excel and otherwise desired.
- Organizational Ability- Able to maintain all program documents including permit applications, analytical data, records, and electronic files in good order. Able to provide direction to facilities regarding their implementation and documentation procedures for air programs. Able to manage priorities and meet deadlines related to regulatory requirements.
- Communication Skills- Able to simplify complicated regulatory information so that it is easily understood. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Operational Excellence - Knowledge of and experience implementing programs/processes for OE Environmental Stewardship Expectations.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.