Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Machinery Engineer located in CITY LOCATION, CA California/United States through (insert posting close date) at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 401138
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Machinery Engineer located in Richmond, CA through June 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
This Machinery Engineering position will work collaboratively across multiple levels of the organization, and with multi-discipline teams, to improve the refinery's rotating equipment reliability. This includes supporting daily operation, turnarounds, and projects for rotating and reciprocating machinery and their associated systems.
For additional information on this position, please contact Kelsea Fitzgerald CTN 510-242-2781.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Drive efforts to detect and prevent machinery failure through the use of predictive and preventative techniques, and to ensure all machinery protection systems are armed and functional.
- Develop bad actor resolutions, repair and maintenance strategies, and design alternatives that address health, safety, environmental, reliability, operability, and maintainability issues.
- Develop and implement improved technical tools and work processes.
- Ensures rotating equipment records are documented accurately and completely with emphasis on root cause identification, scope of repairs, and detailed records of internal or external inspections.
- Review proposed designs for adherence to Refinery, industry, regulation, and Corporate specifications. Utilize Total Cost of Ownership when selecting equipment, components, or support systems.
- Provide support to refinery Maintenance, Technical and Operations personnel on critical field jobs, and manages these jobs and their critical parts as needed.
- Provide support to refinery Maintenance, Technical and Operations personnel on development and review of machinery repair checklists, preventive or predictive maintenance checklists, and maintenance or operating procedures as necessary.
- Effectively use the company's Loss Prevention System to identify behavior and work process improvement opportunities, root causes, and effective corrective actions that will help eliminate incidents and injuries.
- Support the Rotating Equipment Re-work, Spare Run, and Kit-box Restocking processes.
- Leads machinery root cause failure analysis efforts using support tools such as 5-Why and Taproot.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Energy Industry with a focus on Machinery Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of rotating, reciprocating, and major machinery operation, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, self-starting and proactive, and has strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, set realistic goals, and complete commitment on schedule.
- Proven to be a strong team player. Works effectively and cooperatively with others. Actively shares knowledge and skills with others.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range audience including management, technical, and non-technical personnel.
- Proven ability to proactively lead targets of opportunity for customers and recommend practical solutions that result in improved business performance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Operational Excellence and Chevron Way Behaviors
- Taproot Facilitator
- Experience working with Analysts, Technicians, Maintenance Mechanics, and Operations
This is a Safety Sensitive position.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.