Skills: Project Engineer, Technical Manager, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are working with a global Oil & Gas Operator who are on the lookout for a Topside Lead to see the project through from the early stages of design, all the way through to the execution phases.
This position is located in Perth for the FEED and will move to the design location and subsequently the fabrication location which will be in SE Asia/ China. The position will report to the Platform Delivery Manager and is expected to be 5+ years duration.
- Strong O&G Operator / Client side experience
- 15+ years experience
- Full delivery of O&G Topside projects through design to execute.
- Mega project experience.
The Topsides Lead will lead the defining, tendering of the Topsides EPCI contract and then manage the contractors to design, procure, fabricate, install, and support commissioning and start up to handover to the asset team. The Topsides Lead will need to adopt and implement efficient execution approaches from the outset founded on digital ways of working.
The Lead accountabilities during the Define and Execute phases will include, but will not be limited to:
- HSSE and SP performance of project until RFSU and for building the desired HSSE culture in the owner and contractor teams to achieve Goal Zero. Shaping a culture of safe behaviours and practices throughout the project phases with application of Efficient Execution, competitive application of digitalization and use of Construction Site Safety Standards (CSSS) on site.
- Working closely with the Jacket team to ensure and integrated design approach, with the jacket and topsides designed and fabricated such that they compatible when installed.
- Defining the Topsides scope, tendering, awarding and managing the respective topsides contractors from FEED through to RFSU. Manage the performance of the contractor (eyes on - hands off) while ensuring project requirements are met.
- Implementation of Project Basis for Design which includes the mandatory process safety requirements, while applying competitive fit for purpose industry solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with and timely support for all permitting and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring through all phases of the Topsides define and execute phases that safety critical elements are identified, and technical integrity plans are developed and implemented, simple flawless measures are defined, agreed and implemented and that the Not Normally Manned intent is maintained throughout.
- Rigorous management of the topsides cost and schedule to identify early, areas for attention to the Platform delivery Manager, working with the contractors to delivery to project expectations.
- Capture project lessons learnt for the benefit of future Shell projects.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.