Skills: IT - Software Development, Instrument & Controls Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Abingdon, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Develop automated tests to reduce manual verification on existing features, with the target of full automated test validation
- Maintain existing automated tests and automated builds for integration and staging environments
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to define feature specification
- Apply different testing strategies to evaluate new feature delivery
- Write manual test cases targeting user workflows
- Record issues found on integration/staging environments and verify fixes
- Actively communicate/collaborate with other testers, developers and operation engineers to identify or verify issues
Bachelor, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field (currently finishing or recently graduated)
- Knowledge about or experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
- Knowledge of test automation builds and automate testing of key user workflows
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- A passion for science and engineering excellence and knowledge of test automation, agile project development, and bug and change management
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a Quality Culture
- Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Knowledge about or Experience inusing or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
- Knowledge about or Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following would be a plus:
- Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Git source control
At our Abingdon Technology Centre we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development. Our software helps quantify reserves and distribution within the formation rocks and to predict changes over the life of the reservoirs.
Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling.
Our people create professional software, developping in a dynamic environment and an exciting industry.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.