Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Design and develop apps and workflows on Google Cloud Platform
- Build unit tests and own source code quality
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts
- Create and maintain app/workflow documentation
- Share expertise throughout Schlumberger and expand his/her informal network
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in cloud programming
- Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures.
Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong hands-on work experience in Design & development of Responsive Web application
- Experience of developing Microservices and/or REST APIs is a plus
- Experience in cloud services (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud) is a plus
- Knowledge of agile working methodology
- Understanding of working in a DevOps model
At our Abingdon Technology Centre we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development. Our software helps quantify reserves and distribution within the formation rocks and to predict changes over the life of the reservoirs.
Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling.
Our people create professional software, developping in a dynamic environment and an exciting industry.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.