Skills: Production Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is searching for a Production Engineer with offshore deepwater production experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 5x2 working within a client's office located in Houston, TX, therefore, must live the area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide well surveillance on a day-to-day basis using available real time data streams, field reporting, decline curves, cumulative production, and ratios, to efficiently regulate the wells and meet production and financial targets.
- Prepare recommendations and issue AFEs for well intervention activities such as production logging, well testing, electric and slick line operations, stimulation, artificial lift, and coiled tubing operations. Follow up by coordinating activities.
- Provide support for new field development planning. This includes preparation of design basis for flowlines, chemical delivery systems and process equipment; determination of treating chemical requirements; management of chemical screening; and development of operating and flow assurance procedures.
- Provide guidance on daily production activities, including management of producing rates, flow assurance and remedial well operations.
- Work with offshore field operations staff to ensure production goals and cost controls are met.
- Work with Reservoir Engineers and Geologists to determine the most efficient means to develop the well/field considering crude oil characteristics, GOR, water cut, depth and type of reservoir and perhaps most importantly, project economics.
- Identify wells for production enhancements.
- Explore additional technologies to enhance production from wells that are declining.
- Communicate wellbore physical conditions and producing characteristics to reservoir engineering group, and work jointly to establish plans and recommendations for well recompletion and remedial services.
- Interface to determine new field infrastructure requirements.
- Communicate status of operational activities
- Solicit proposals for: (a) services including well service/intervention, third party engineering/consulting support; and (b) supply of various well bore and production related materials. Follow up with vendors/contractors by providing all necessary support and direction. Maintain cost control.
- Control of wells while conducting well intervention activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a Petroleum discipline. Minimum 5 years in production operations, well intervention operations, system modeling, and exposure to process facilities operations; Deepwater offshore production experience required.
Desired: Bachelor's Engineering Degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering; 5+ years' experience in production operations, well intervention operations, system modeling, and exposure to process facilities operations as well as strong safety mentality, strong communication skills with experience working in a multi-discipline environment and deepwater offshore production experience.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.