Skills: Research & Development, Chemist
Experience: 6 + Years
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
This is a unique opportunity for drilling fluids researchers with expertise in developing lost circulation material, products and technology. The Research Scientist is responsible for plans and executes drilling fluids research, particularly for the developing of lost circulation materials. The Research Scientist reports directly to the drilling fluids lead, Downhole fluids.
• Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved research or engineering techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods and approaches.
• In a supervisory capacity, plans, develops, coordinates, and directs projects; may require the use of sophisticated project planning techniques to develop the products by use of synthesis, formulating, evaluating, analysis, etc.
• Identifies technical approach for solving problems and meeting customer needs.
• Performs tasks of a larger scope and often leads specific tasks within the project scope.
• Sought out for contributions to reports and publications; author/co-author on papers, proposals, presentations and reports.
• Interacts in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; provides ideas to improve organizational efficiency at group and department levels.
• Creates, monitors and implements effective plans; takes lead for scoping tasks/projects; assembles research team members to support the products filed testing, commercialization and sales.
• Makes significant contributions to technical proposal preparation and/or presentations. Contributes to positive co-worker/customer relationships through efficient interaction on current projects.
• Effectively uses peer network to expand technical capability and business development opportunities;
PhD degree in material science or chemistry; Master's degree candidates with exceptional qualifications may be considered. Six or more years in drilling fluids research, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.