Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under direct supervision, at the associate level, the successful candidate will be working to understand all expectations of his/her role.
- Administers the Cementing Product Service Line's (PSL's) quality assurance/quality control (Qa/Qc) system for materials procured for field operations
- Coordinates and schedules required Qa/Qc testing depending on level of criticality of the procured materials
- Jointly with the Cementing Qa/Qc team and the Supply Chain organization, maintains the allocation of materials to defined criticality levels
- In collaboration with vendors and Halliburton Qa/Qc lab personnel, ensures documentation of required Qa/Qc results to certify conformance with material specifications
- Responds to questions and requests from field operations for Qa/Qc related documentation
- Flags supplier non-conformances and assists in their investigation, documentation and remedial action
- Generates reports on material quality and supplier performance to inform the Halliburton Supply Chain organization for sourcing and selection exercises
- Provides expertise on the Cementing PSL's Qa/Qc system and assists in Continuous Improvement efforts for the involved process and systems
- May assist in supplier evaluations, site visits, inspections and audits
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for this job:
- Meticulous record keeping; Use of modern business communications tools
- Understanding of technical specifications and conformance with these
- Analytical approach and desire for process improvement and optimization
- Ability to assist in process development on a technical level
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and Halliburton personnel around the world
- Understanding of quality management systems and their application is a plus
Autonomy of Job:
- Under direct supervision: job duties are highly structured with direct supervision through a process to task. Approaches to the work method are highly defined
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skills, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 72355
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.