Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently sourcing an Inspector for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in Dickinson, ND. This position would work 5 days a week and take weekends off (needs to be flexible in case we have a weekend job). The candidate would be traveling most of the week across Montana, North Dakota, Colorado and Oklahoma visiting fabricator facilities and construction locations. This is a 1099 contract role.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Promote Quality awareness throughout the project, Prepare and maintain Project Quality Plan, Surveillance Programs and other quality procedures and tools and ensure their successful implementation across the project
- Interface and coordinate work activities between Quality and other disciplines
- Ensure project-specific indoctrination and general training for Quality personnel is conducted and provide quality-related training for PT as required
- Provide direction, guidance and resources to QACs
- Provide oversight of Contractors' implementation of their Quality program and compliance with project requirements: Ensure appropriate quality and quantity of Contractor's Quality staff assigned to the project - Confirm adequacy of Contractors' plans, procedures, processes and documents - Ensure appropriate PT review and approval of Contractor's and Suppliers' quality deliverables (e.g., plans, Criticality Ratings, Inspection and Test Plans)
- Ensure appropriate PT and functional review of deviations to equipment and materials Ensure audits of Contractors, Suppliers and PT are scheduled and conducted; lead PT audits and participate in Contractor audits as appropriate
- Steward audit findings to resolution and closure in a timely manner
- Coordinate Quality management activities to ensure consistency, effectiveness across the Project
- Maintain ongoing communication with Quality Coordinators (i.e., QACs, PQCs, SQCs) Manage resolution of quality issues and monitor quality performance
- Coordinate and report Project quality metrics to PT and Project Quality function
- Interface with Start-up / Operations to ensure clear understanding of project quality and participate in turnover as appropriate
- Technical training or high school diploma
- Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience
- Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
- Past Project Quality Manager Owner/Operator experience on major capital project This is a level 2 position:
- 10 to 20 years of related experience is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.