Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Provide technical surveying support on and offshore.
• Generate survey records as per Company procedure.
• Prepare the equipment and documentation required for the scope of work, established and maintain a new survey record file.
• Obtain pertinent client permits to work as required.
• Carry out the survey, in accordance with Company process ensuring all necessary fieldwork checks are applied to eliminate all potential sources of error.
• Compile a Survey Report detailing events, constraints, omission and recommendations. Include a detailed summary of the results of the survey emphasising any critical dimensions and an analysis of the quality of the results.
• Attend pre-contract meetings as required and ensure that the Scope of Work and contract deliverables is fully understood.
• Perform field calibration checks for the instruments used in the survey as detailed in the Company procedures.
• Establish suitable communication link to report on a daily basis the progress of the work to the DC Surveyor Co-ordinator / Focal Point or Project Manager highlighting any delays.
• Notify the Lead Engineer / Department Head of any on site amendment to the original work scope whether by instruction from the customer site representative, or by site constraints unknown at the time of the initial planning meeting.
• Obtain where practicable, written authorisation from the customer site representative for any alteration or alterations to the original work scope.
• Carry out all pertinent technical computations and generate drawings or sketches depicting the surveyed information in accordance with customer requirements as defined by the workscope.
• Pass all deliverables as defined by the customer workscope to the Project Manager or the Lead Engineer for final quality and completeness checking before transmitted to the customer
• Ensure that all work complies with contract, Company QHSE policies and procedures, project specific QHSE policies and processes, environmental policies and agreed interfacing requirements with clients and subcontractors.
• Interface / liaise with clients, vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
• Promote QHSE awareness to all engineering and specialist personnel.
• Providing survey support at all stages of the project.
• Liaising with 3rd party service providers.
• Attending onshore calibration if required.
• Carrying out project briefings and debriefings as needed.
• Closing out reports in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
• Adherence to the company integrated management system.
• Demonstrate PD&MS QHSE principles.
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
• Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties.
• Demonstrate PD&MS values.
- HNC Qualification or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Demonstrable experience in the use of surveying equipment
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas Industry and associated codes preferred
- Reasonable dexterity in the use of Software packages including Autodesk and MS Office
- Survival BOSIET/FOET with CA-EBS
- Excellent written and spoken English