Our Client provides engineering and construction services to the global oil and gas industry, specializing in the design, EPC and project management for gas processing, LNG, midstream, petrochemicals & chemicals, refining, polymers, synthesis gas, power, mining and shale gas markets.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Director, Business Development to add value to major construction and EPC projects, small to medium sized, $10mm - $300mm. Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate project wins with clients around the US Gulf Coast.
Individual will be primarily responsible for identifying and supporting the development of direct hire construction projects but should also be able to identify and support development of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) project opportunities. The individual should come with a portfolio of client accounts and relationships in the industry focus areas of: gas processing, petroleum liquids refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, polymers, and power generation. Seeking someone established in Gulf Coast and Houston Ship Channel areas.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Sales
- Develop and maintain a focus and working knowledge of the regions, markets, and clients identified as strategic and key to the company.
- Develop and sustain effective new business relationships with clients in order to leverage and set up effective account management as a strategy for the company.
- Develop and manage new project and business opportunities from discovery to close including qualification, proposal, technical and price negotiation and final selection, contract negotiation and final close and turnover to the project execution team.
- Identify new client account, project and business opportunities at an early development stage and lead client relationships into large project engagements.
- Determine opportunities and establish groundwork for new client relationships as identified within the key regions and markets identified in the company strategies and plans.
- Develop a credible competitor analysis for each market or opportunity that supports decisions to pursue opportunities, identifies key differentiation for the company in the industry and identifies opportunities for service delivery improvements in the company.
- Develop, in a team environment and with third party partners as required, the strategies to win new work from existing client accounts to gain market share and ensure increasing revenue generation and profitability for the company.
- Work closely with project teams to monitor performance in project execution and ensuring high client satisfaction during the execution phases of each project.
- Build individual credibility in the company and in the industry.
- Promote the company brand by participating in external forums and conferences with clients and competitors.
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related sciences preferred. B.S. degree in alternate fields with related industry and key client experience. M.S. or M.B.A. degree desirable.
- 10 + years of industry related experience
- Proven track record in Business Development for the oil, gas, petrochemical, chemical, polymer and other energy markets.
- Established relationships along Gulf Coast and/ or Houston Ship Channel
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.