Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Petroplan is seeking an Instrument/Electrical Team Leader to effectively manage the Instrument/Electrical maintenance of a commercial gas-to-liquids plant ensuring that predictive and preventive, as well as scheduled and breakdown maintenance of production and infrastructure systems and equipment, is performed in an efficient and safe manner. This will be a hand on role, working in the field.
- Lead the I/E contract resources to schedule, plan and execute all site I/E maintenance in coordination with Operations and in compliance with JuniperSP HSE procedures, relevant safety and environmental, legal and ethical rules.
- Direct activities of maintenance I&E in support of plant operations.
- Develop relationships with local contractors and specialists to support the maintenance of the plant.
- Ensure a cost-effective repair of process equipment, valves, actuators, motors and pumps with in-house or local resources.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on I/E maintenance performance as required by Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain records and reports, including Process Safety Management (PSM) records.
- Create I/E maintenance procedures to include predictive, preventive, scheduled and corrective maintenance.
- Train staff to promptly respond to plant breakdowns and to quickly diagnose faults and commence repair in conjunction with Operations.
- Knowledge of instrument & electrical and mechanical understanding/skills.
- Familiar with and able to use various test equipment such as multimeters, flow meters and electronic test equipment to calibrate and troubleshoot Electrical/Instrument/Analyzers systems
- Able to perform task wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as: respirators, protective clothing, face mask, goggles, boots etc.
- Perform those tests and measurements necessary to determine asset integrity and asset
- Performs Instrument/Electrical corrective and preventive maintenance activities. Theses activates include but not limited to solving operational, maintenance, and reliability problems, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, and/or replacements of equipment
- Maintains both regulatory and non-regulatory maintenance records. Performs work reports/updates via our CMMS database
- Interfaces with supervisor, operations, and engineering, or other departments as needed to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective maintenance and facility operation. This is accomplished via feedback on work performed
- Provides support for work planning and scheduling
- Other duties assigned.
- Minimum five-ten years' experience in maintenance I&E-A field in a gas, chemical or petrochemical environment.
- Knowledge/skill in respect to CMMS tools and their development and application
- Must be prepared to work the extended hours as necessary and to participate in a call-in process.
- Strong leadership skills to lead a team of third-party technicians.
- Working knowledge of mechanical integrity requirements outlined in process safety management standards.
- A proven track record of successful day to day maintenance as well as shutdown/turnaround
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.