Skills: Subsea Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Subsea Controls Engineer, on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen
Provide "best in class" asset integrity management and "life of field" support services to clients/customers operating Subsea Production Control Systems in the North Sea and around the globe.
General Engineering & Operations
- Act as the Engineering single point of contact to provide front-line (customer facing) technical support for Subsea Production Control Systems around the globe.
- Assist with the development of robust procedures and methodologies, as required, to ensure a consistent approach to asset integrity and client/customer technical support is maintained within the team.
- Attend and, when required, chair meetings with customers.
- Generate concise, accurate documentation with an appropriate level of information in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that reports and other documentation is delivered to clients/customers on-time and with the appropriate level of information.
- Generate and agree project specifications, budgets and timescales with internal and external customers (as appropriate).
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
- Support the Asset Integrity Commercial Team to schedule, resource and coordinate offshore and onshore client/customer support activities.
- Define, coordinate and manage work packages undertaken by self.
- Participate in a team providing 24/7 telephone technical support for clients/customers, as required.
- Conduct routine reviews of offshore condition monitoring data in line with agreed client/customer requirements.
- Conduct regular obsolescence reviews in line with agreed client/customer requirements.
- Mobilize offshore as and when required. Undertake risk assessments and generate procedures and other documentation required to support the offshore mission.
- Maintain system configuration control records ensuring that system changes and enhancements are fully recorded.
- Ensure that all packages of work for the repair/refurbishment of client/customer equipment are managed appropriately.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate activities.
- Support marketing activities by presenting company products and services during meetings with clients/customers and at trade shows and conferences.
- Take an active role in identifying business opportunities and Variation Orders.
- Mentor less experienced personnel in developing Oil & Gas industry and Subsea Production Control Systems knowledge.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers and employees throughout the company network.
- Pro-active attitude to ensure 'One Team' work ethic.
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
- Hons Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Offshore Survival Training certificate (must be capable of obtaining if not already in place).
- Offshore Medical certificate (must be capable of obtaining if not already in place).
- Experience working as part of an Engineering team.
- Familiarity and understanding of Subsea Production Control System design and configurations as well as knowledge of system electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and optical components.
- Experience of Oil & Gas industry practices including commissioning, testing and general fault finding.
- Experience of direct interfacing with customers and suppliers.
- Analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Self-motivation and confidence
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Influencing skills
- PC literacy
- Team Work
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent travel to client/customer premises and/or other company sites.
- Offshore working as and when required.