Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Asset Integrity Engineering Team Leader, on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen
Act as technical leader for a team of people with responsibility to provide "best in class" asset integrity and "life of field" support services to clients/customers operating Subsea Production Control Systems in the North Sea and around the globe. Take an active role in developing sales and business opportunities for one or more company products/services.
General Engineering & Operations
- Lead the team to provide front-line (customer facing) technical support for Subsea Production Control Systems around the globe.
- Define the technical scope, content and options of the company asset integrity and technical support services.
- Define and develop robust procedures and methodologies, as required, to ensure a consistent approach to asset integrity and client/customer technical support is maintained within the team.
- Attend and, when required, chair meetings with customers.
- Generate concise, accurate documentation with an appropriate level of information in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that reports and other documentation is delivered to clients/customers on-time and with the appropriate level of information.
- Generate and agree project specifications, budgets and timescales with internal and external customers (as appropriate).
- Provide verbal and written progress reports to all levels of management within the business.
- Support the Asset Integrity Commercial Team to schedule, resource and coordinate offshore and onshore client/customer support activities.
- Define, coordinate and manage work packages undertaken by self or others.
- Manage technical resources to provide 24/7 telephone support for clients/customers, as required.
- Review and approve offshore mission risk assessments, procedures and documentation for others.
- Ensure that all packages of work for the repair/refurbishment of client/customer equipment are managed and resourced appropriately.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate activities.
- Support marketing activities by presenting company products and services during meetings with clients/customers and at trade shows and conferences.
- Take an active role in developing sales and business opportunities for one or more company products/services.
- Mentor less experienced personnel in developing Oil & Gas industry and Subsea Production Control Systems knowledge.
- Interviewing and recruitment of staff, as required.
- HR management responsibility for direct reports (attendance, disciplinary, professional development, performance reviews, fairness and dignity).
- Undertake staff performance reviews for direct reports and during probationary periods for new direct reports.
- Set objectives for direct reports and identification of training requirements.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers and employees throughout the company network.
- Pro-active attitude to ensure 'One Team' work ethic.
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
- Hons Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Broad experience working as part of an Engineering team.
- Broad familiarity and detailed understanding of Subsea Production Control System design and configurations as well as knowledge of system electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and optical components.
- Experience of Oil & Gas industry practices including commissioning, testing and general fault finding.
- Broad experience of direct interfacing with customers and suppliers.
- Experience of team management and development.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) training.
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivation and confidence
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- Coaching skills
- PC literacy
- Team work
- People management
- Time management skills
- Customer service
- Offshore survival training and medical certificates would be desirable, but not essential.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent travel to client/customer premises and/or other company sites.