Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Field Services Engineer, on a permanent basis, location in Aberdeen
Provide onshore and offshore diagnostics, fault finding, evaluation and repair services to clients/customers operating Subsea Production Control Systems in the North Sea and around the globe.
General Engineering & Operations
- Take a lead role in diagnosing faults (electrical, hydraulic and communications) associated with subsea control systems using a combination of methodical data analysis from the office base, coupled with testing/data-collection in the field.
- Installation and commissioning of electrical condition monitoring equipment on onshore/offshore Oil and Gas installations around the globe.
- Conduct electrical integrity tests on subsea equipment (including insulation resistance, TDR measurements, power measurements, etc).
- Generate concise, accurate documentation with an appropriate level of information in accordance with company procedures.
- Conduct onshore/offshore site surveys prior to equipment installation.
- Compile condition monitoring data from onshore/offshore installations and produce summary reports for clients.
- Prepare work-packs and commissioning and test procedures for electrical condition monitoring equipment.
- Support the Asset Integrity Commercial Team to schedule, resource and coordinate offshore and onshore client/customer support activities.
- Undertake defined work packages provided by others.
- JD AI01 Field Service Engineer Rev 01 Page 2 of 3 Rev 01
- Mobilize offshore as and when required. Ensure approrpaite risk assessments, procedures and documentation are in place.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to co-ordinate activities.
- Deal with day to day queries from customers/suppliers and employees throughout the company
- Pro-active attitude to ensure 'One Team' work ethic.
- Positive working approach towards business ethics.
- Degree or HND/HNC qualification in Electrical / Electronic engineering.
- Offshore Survival Training certificate (must be capable of obtaining if not already in place).
- Offshore Medical certificate (must be capable of obtaining if not already in place).
- Experience working as part of an Engineering team.
- Broad understanding of Subsea Production Control Systems and configurations as well as
- knowledge of system electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and optical components.
- Experience of Oil & Gas industry practices including commissioning, testing and general
- fault finding.
- Competence and confidence in working on multi-discipline engineering tasks involving
- mechanical, electrical/electronic, optical and software elements.
- BS 7671 IET Wiring Regulations (17th Edition minimum).
- Analytical skills • Time management skills
- Attention to detail • Customer service
- Communication skills • Self-motivation and confidence
- Problem solving / lateral thinking
- PC literacy
- Team work
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Frequent travel to client/customer premises and/or other company sites.
- Offshore working as and when required.