The Turnaround Engineer is a key role in our Shell operated QGC Project based in Brisbane. In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of turnaround systems and processes to deliver systematic Turnaround preparation and execution.
You will be accountable for ensuring turnaround systems and processes are compliant with QGC guidelines and progress towards industry best practice. You are expected to provide hands on support to turnaround planning and execution teams to ensure compliance with stage gated deliverables are executed in accordance with agreed targets.Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Monitor process compliance and effectiveness to identify non-compliance or opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement improvements for existing processes and new processes where needs have been identified.
- Develop and implement contracting strategies as well as scopes of work for specific turnaround work packages.
- Oversee contractor verification of competency and equipment fit for purpose.
- Act as demand manager and/or field execution representative for specific turnaround contracts.
- Provide direct support during the planning stage to ensure process compliance as well as oversee and track preparation status for individual turnarounds.
- Provide direct support during the execution stage to ensure process compliance and oversee management of emergent work during turnarounds and the completions to the handover process.
- Oversee the management of the turnaround lessons learned database to ensure lessons learned are captured, understood and developed into relevant and achievable actions.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration with multiple teams and external providers would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of TAR delivery, including planning, scheduling and continuous improvement or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Risk management.
- Ability to supervise others guiding them to achieve agreed performance.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analysing reports, and associated reporting systems.
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety legislation and Australian Standards as applicable to the operation and maintenance of upstream operation facilities.
If you are a motivated self-starter, have these skills, qualifications, competencies relevant to the MRTA, petroleum, gas, mining and energy sector we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.