Skills: Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Philippines Inc. (CPI) markets the Caltex® brand, which is Chevron's customer facing brand in Asia Pacific and parts of the Middle East and Africa. Chevron Philippines operates a network of about 665 Caltex service stations/retail outlets across the Philippines. Chevron also provides for the fuel and lubricants needs of the commercial and industrial sectors. Fuel products such as Caltex with Techron® and Caltex Diesel with Techron D as well as lubricants such as Havoline® and Delo® are also available at all Caltex service stations.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance & Construction Specialist located in Makati, Philippines through May 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Maintenance, reliability, and tracking requirements
- Ensures Operational Excellence
- Executes maintenance strategies to optimize service levels and costs
- Develops and establishes quality criteria and technical specifications within the scope of maintenance strategy
- Coordinates and monitors resources for maintenance budget
- Monitors and contributes to best practices, quality assurance, and cost control
- Accountable for Maintenance expenses for assigned geographic area
- Works with Maintenance team and retail/C&I customers to analyze operating and identify cost opportunities
- Responsible for control and documentation of plant, property, and equipment inventory for assets in area of responsibility
Develops and executes a contracting plan
- Coordinates with procurement and other stakeholders to obtain competitive terms and conditions for supplies of materials and services
- Monitors and evaluates performance of service providers
- Reviews number of contracts required, selects contractors for primary work assignments, establishing emergency contractor list, and conducts annual contractor reviews (on site & performance based) in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Recommends issuance and cancellation of contracts as appropriate
- Manages and supervises facility development and image enhancement projects as per business plans
- Ensures that projects are completed within timelines, budget, to meet required design standards and ensure compliance with HES standards
- Works with stakeholders to prepare business cases for capital/major expense monies; assisting in the development of GO-36's
- Develops implementation plans, schedules and controls for project implementation
- Approves payment for invoices and monitors costs of projects
- Identifies opportunity for continuous improvement of programs /projects
Manages all HES initiatives and ensures compliance
- Ensures that Safe Work Practices are understood and implemented, by both internal and external maintenance providers, as appropriate
- Provides assistance to disseminate HES awareness and ensures compliance of HES policy
- Coordinates with retail/C&I and the Property & Facilities Optimization team, as appropriate, on risk assessment, closure, and management change of sites
- Manages site remedy and closure in accordance to HES policy
Responds to internal and external customer requests for maintenance to company assets and investor assets, as dealer/franchise agreements dictate
- Acts to minimize life cycle cost of equipment by arranging for cost effective asset maintenance, ensuring Customer Satisfaction
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates maintenance providers (internal/external) to ensure facilities remain in optimum condition to support sales efforts
- Periodically reviews on-site work of internal and external technicians to ensure that work meets expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant project/construction & maintenance management experience on facilities engineering field
- Demonstrated commitment to safety: takes personal responsibility for working safely and champions safe behaviors in contractors and others.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills: able to work in and foster a strong team environment
- Planning and organizational skills: high level of initiative and ability to multi-task; able to work independently on multiple projects at the same time and prioritize work effectively
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills: draws well-reasoned conclusions from available information and develops workable recommendations and solutions
- Proficiency in basic office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.); aptitude for learning new systems required for position (safety, project controls, etc.)
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.