As a Maintenance Mechanic Technician
your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following in accordance with relevant codes:
- Perform assembly of piping bolted flange joint connections, heat exchanger and pressure vessel flanged connections, threaded pipe joints, and other field equipment types, such as, pneumatic ducting, storage bins, etc.
- Read and understand piping isometric drawings and blueprints
- Understanding of proper application of pressure rated piping
- Detailed knowledge of laser alignment tools and precision tools and their application and use to align and set equipment
- Knowledge of drill press's, torqueing equipment and measuring tools
- Perform maintenance activities on furnaces, burners, tanks, reactors, compressors, pumps and heat exchangers, to include repair, spading, blinding, and unplugging of lines and equipment as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, rebuild, and alignment of rotating plant equipment such as pumps, and fans
- Belt and chain drive replacement and tensioning. Sheave and gear alignment
- Repair, rebuild, and replacement of valves and valve internals, including Rotary valves
- Ability to perform Preventive and Reactive Maintenance of plant specific equipment using work instructions, job aides, prints, and P&ID's
- Record work history and submit feedback for continuous improvement of Maintenance plans, policies and procedures
As a Maintenance Mechanic Technician
your responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to the following in accordance with relevant codes:
- Troubleshoot and maintain air-intake blowers, pumps, and mechanical seals
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant specific equipment to include turbines, compressors, extruders, columns, tanks reactors, towers, burners, Rotary Valves, and furnaces
- Repair to piping systems and installation of flanges and fittings to pipe runs and field equipment
- Replace and install gearboxes, belt and chain drives
- Detailed knowledge and experience with laser alignment equipment and precision tools
- Knowledge and experience in repair, rebuild and installation of valve assemblies
- Perform basic crane lifts as operator /signalman/rigger with competent rigging and lifting knowledge and skill
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, maintain and repair Hydraulic/Pneumatic Equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, and alignment of rotating and reciprocating equipment
- Understanding of proper application of hydro-testing
- Operating motorized lifting equipment (fork-lifts, man-lifts etc.)
- Be able to be cross-trained and develop proficiency in Multi-Skill Maintenance Mechanic tasks
- Initiate, review, issue, and support work permits and the Permit to Work Process
- Initiate, review, issue, and support the development of Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions, Job Aids, and Forms
- Execute and continuously improve Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions, Job Aids, and Forms
- Travel to existing facilities and vendor/licensors training locations as required (varies based on job assignment)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have completed at least one of the following: An Industry Accredited Training or Apprenticeship program, an Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance, Military Maintenance School AND
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician (2 years of which mechanic maintenance work was performed) in an industrial, manufacturing or military work environment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently and understand operating procedures
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Must be willing to work in an environment that requires the daily use of computers (i.e. iOS, MS Suite, SAP)
- Must be willing to be trained and maintain certification to operate motorized lifting equipment such as man-lifts, cranes, trucks, forklifts, etc. to support craft activities.
- Must be willing to respond to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work holidays, nights, and weekends and a fair amount of overtime supporting commissioning/start-up, run and maintain schedules, holdovers, outages, turnarounds, etc.
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- As a part of the preemployment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all preemployment background, medical, and reference checks, including hair & fluid (saliva or urine) drug testing
- Willing to support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug/alcohol screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willingness to travel proximate to site without reimbursement and achieve satisfactory results on Shell's pre-employment testing batteries
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.