Job Description Purpose:
Employee & Industrial Relations focus on creating, maintaining and assuring a healthy ER/IR climate.
To proactively deliver the local Employee and Industrial Relations agenda, including employee engagement, D&I, complex case management, and compliance with local regulatory requirements.Accountabilities:
- Proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in country, using data to identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks.
- Ensure business continuity and defend license to operate.
- Provide expertise on queries, litigations, escalations, investigations, and global projects.
- Drive the D&I agenda in a way relevant to local inclusion requirements and wider country context.
- Drive the ER/IR agenda in Sfax.
- Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line LMs (formal/informal)
- Develop and leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative bodies
- Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
- Manage individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues.
- Proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in Sfax, using data to proactively identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks.
- Reports to the Country HR Manager & Business Partner - Tunisia
- Individual Contributor
- Number of employees in direct client population ~ 260
?Shell Tunisia Upstream Ltd. is an affiliate Royal Dutch Shell, a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with around 87,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories ("Shell"). Shell uses advanced technologies and takes an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. Shell helps to meet the world's growing energy needs in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Shell has been active producing gas in Tunisia for almost 90 years and is the largest gas producer, supplying over 60% of Tunisia's domestic gas production through the Miskar and Hasdrubal operations. Shell also produces Propane, Butane and Condensate.
Over the years, Shell has also aided in the development of Tunisia's downstream sector where it had one of the largest retail networks, and supplied consumers with LPG, motor fuels, lubricants and bitumen. Shell is still present in Tunisia's downstream sector through its partnership with Vivo Energy.Requirements
HR professionalism - protect our license to operate. Selected candidate should be the expert on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management:
- Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment.
- Organizational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills - able to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
- Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
- Subject matter expertise in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices and processes
- Subject matter expertise in country-specific employee representative processes including CLAs
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)
- Fluency in Arabic & English (written & oral)